Wednesday, April 8, 2015

~~Relationships Are Precious~~

This morning I rolled out of bed and began working from home. There is nothing so awesome in the world like rolling out of bed and working from home in your pajamas! Hey! Don't judge me, not yet at least. I have been having issues with my knee since beginning physical therapy and although my knee is getting better, there is still pain especially on these rainy day. So as I was saying, I worked for an hour or so and then drove my husband to work. The drive was interesting. We were speaking of being married and laughing at stupid drivers! Does anyone know how to drive anymore? It seems as though the drivers training courses are not paying attention during road tests or they just hand the licenses out like candy to children in a candy store!

After I dropped my husband off, I went back home and got back to work. Also, I was going on my second cup of coffee! It was not quite lunch time yet but I did miss breakfast so I made it up with a banana, 3 stuffed grape leaves and 6 cooked mushrooms. Then about an hour after when I normally take my lunch, I finally got away from my desk and ate. I began working on a project and then pulled onto something more important. For this reason, I lost track of time again today. For lunch I had another Dole Package Salad with almonds and sesame dressing (YUM) and a cheese stick!

It was time to get back to work and as I was speaking with a friend whom I have grown close to, she advised me that she is leaving! My eyes were full of water and tears were streaming down my cheeks while I was speaking with her on the phone. My breaths were deep sighs of sadness. I really HATE when things change, especially when I meet such wonderful people and they move on with their life, but I know I have done the same as well. However, I do try my darndest to keep in touch with my friends! Do I collect friends? Does anyone collect friends? How do or why would anyone "collect" friends? It sounds strange to me, but this thought did run across my mind today. When I got off the phone with her, I wiped away the tears from my cheeks that I had shed, got back on my computer and continued working.

It was time for me to get my husband from his work! But before I left, I made a nutrient dense shake with 1 banana, chocolate vegan, 8 oz almond milk, 8 ice cubes and almonds!!! YUMMM!!! and I had finished some last minute work before I left home. Still I was sad because of the great news from my friend. She gets to grow in her skill and career and for that, I am very happy for her and even more blessed to have met her and to be her friend. I only pray that my friend and I still remain in contact and go out and do many activities in the area!

While in the car, bringing my husband home we were discussing what to have for dinner. He asked me earlier and I took a picture of a picture in a recipe book and sent it to him via text. For some reason, he thought it was a frozen dinner and who wouldn't have thought that? But we were deciding what to have and well it turned into a little spat, nothing to difficult for us to get through. I raised my tone to show how frustrated I was because he was speaking like a man and not understanding my woman talk...lol. Fish or beef was on the table and since we had our spat, we went out instead. I am thankful that he came to me and took time to talk it out with me, instead of brushing it off like it was nothing, because to me it was a big deal. He took us to Outback! I hadn't there in years and the bloomin' onion isn't what it used to be, but my steak was so tender and juicy, the flavor was dancing on my tongue. As I took a few bites of macaroni, I let out a sound of satisfaction and another when I took the first bite of my steak! I am so very happy I piped up and told the waitress that I hadn't been there in a while, because she took her time to explain the new menu to us and how the steaks were cooked. She also asked me what I like in a steak and introduced me to the Victorian Fillet Mignon. I also ordered a sweet potato with honey butter and brown sugar! I did eat all of the potato, 4 of 6 oz of the fillet and a few bites of the mac n cheese. I had 1.5 glasses of lemon water. My husband also ordered steak with mac n cheese, but what surprised me the most was that he ordered and was enjoying the asparagus! I wanted to tell him that we should call his mom to let her know that he does love vegetables, but decided against speaking up. Sometimes it is better to keep your thoughts to yourself.

After dinner, we went to the Marshalls, I needed to walk around although my knee was not in agreement with me. When I was in a clearance section he walked around the store 2 times looking for me....lol, oops. When we got home we relaxed while playing on our technical gadgets while my husband put a load of laundry in the wash/dryer and I had an apple.

We folded and put the clothes away and now I am writing.

I didn't do any exercise today, not even physical therapy exercises. (hides head in shame) yes, yes, yes, how am I supposed to get better if I don't do my exercises you ask? I won't, so tomorrow is therapy and I will make sure to put forth my best effort from here on out.

It is not bed time and I am going to get my rest, wake up at 7am tomorrow and begin again! Hopefully I won't cry so much when speaking with my friend, I wasn't sobbing, it was under control. I will miss working with her. If you are lucky or even blessed enough, maybe one day you will meet her.

No comments:

Post a Comment