Tuesday, April 7, 2015

A Rockin' Kinda Day

This morning I wanted to get out of bed and go to work, but my knee was bothering me, so I stayed in my pajamas and worked from my desk. It was a busy, but great day! The day went rather quick that I kept losing track of time, several times! But there are no complaints here. Below, as promises is what I ate today. Every single thing that passed through my lips.

This morning I had: 
  • A cup of coffee with whip topping, I prefer this to adding heaps of sugar in my cup. 
There is just something about the whip topping on my coffee that makes me feel special! You know like when you go to Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts or any other coffee house and they add the whip topping on your drink. Does that not make you feel so GREAT about yourself? I know I feel that way, but instead of paying $5 for a tall, I will make it here at home where it is MORE affordable and I can add the whip myself.  Nothing beats feeling great in the morning, especially with your coffee in hand!
  • 2 glasses of water with lemon 
When you are trying to wake up and coffee isn't doing the trick, lemon water will help too! I am not saying that I was not up, because I was. However, the benefits of lemon water are amazing! Check out this link for 11 amazing benefits of lemon water. 

For a snack:
  • I cut 3 mini cucumbers in slices and ate them with garlic hummus. 
I was feeling great about myself at this point, this is going to be a Vunderbar day! I am starting out on the right foot making healthy choices for my life!

For Lunch: 
  • I had a HUGE bowl of Kale salad that you get from Dole with the onion dressing. But threw the bacon packet in the garbage since I don't eat pork. However, I replaced it with 4 turkey sausage patties.
Although I no longer eat pork, I still wanted some protein, so I added some patties that were in the freezer. They were so quick to cook and this was a very healthy and tasty meal!

Snack
  • I found myself eating 2 tootsie pop suckers (mindlessly working and it was near)
  • 1 banana 
  • 1 string cheese
  • 1 grape leave with the rice
  • Another glass of water
I went to my physical therapy and was told that it looks like I am getting better, I wasn't limping as bad, which is a GREAT thing, but I was also there yesterday. Wouldn't that have something to do with it? hahaha, who knows! For physical therapy I was on the bike for 10 minutes, did calve raises, calve stretches, worked out on the fit machine, used the bands to tip toe away from the wall and use the resistance to not allow myself be smacked into the wall (that would be a site!). I had to balance myself on a half ball for 10 reps on each foot for 5 seconds a rep. Then I was iced! Oh that felt so great! After therapy, I picked my husband up from the station and we went to the grocery store. I have had this hankering for Salmon for a few days now. While we were at the fish counter I was looking for Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon, got it! Also got bourbon marinated salmon and 2 talapia. Tonight, I ate the bourbon Salmon and it was GREAT! I did add lemon to it.

and finally Dinner:
  • For dinner I had Salmon! I didn't take a picture of it because it was too good to just let sit on my plate, so it is happily being digested as I write this post. Perhaps I should drink more water before going to bed.
About an hour ago, I had to sit down because my knee was in shooting pain.....my husband was kind enough to finish dinner for me and let me relax! This has been an amazing Rockin' Day!

How was your day!

OH! and I am down to 240!

No comments:

Post a Comment