Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Absolutely Freakin' Positive!

Although it has been several days since I last posted, life is still very exciting! Who can say they lived in D.C. when a gyro-copter landed on the lawn of the Capital Building? Or that a pedestrian bridge collapsed on the green line of the metro because construction equipment hit it? Or how about a drone crashing on the lawn of the White House, because a secret service agent had a few too much to drink? Man being shot in the metro tunnels? A man killing himself in front of the capital the day after the Cherry Blossom Festival? A man jumping the fence surrounding the white house and making it across the first floor into the south garden? How about the metro tunnel filling up with smoke and a woman dying due to smoke inhalation because they didn't have proper air vents? I can say ALL of these things and if that isn't enough, the first two that I mentioned happened today! Everyday and NIGHT I hear the blaring of sirens, police cars, ambulances and firetrucks (mostly because a firehouse is down the street from where we live). Oop there goes one right now!

Anyhow, no longer putting it off. The reason I didn't post lately is because my life has been VERY busy! First and foremost I am a woman, I am a wife and I am a full time worker. Because I have these roles and others, as we all do, I have to balance each of them to the best of my ability without putting myself on the back burner and not taking care of me. You may think that is selfish, but if you don't take care of yourself, mentally, physically, and any other 'ally' you can think of, it is possible to go mentally.

As far as the woman part goes, honestly, it sucks! Don't get me wrong. There are days where I feel girly and want to do my hair and nails, but when it comes to waxing...FORRRGEEETTTT IT! So, then we shave. Shaving the skin (especially in the lower region) causes micro abrasions. These abrasions have to heal so blood is rushed to the area and now we have PIMPLES and uncomfortable ingrown hairs, which can lead to infection....UUGGGHHHH!!!! Do we EVER get a break? Our bodies are made to bear and have children and to go through so much! Women have to endure so much pain and discomfort, just because we are women! So, as most women know, YOU HAVE TO GET YOUR YEARLY CHECKUP! I have said it already and I said it again! If you haven't gotten your check up, GO GET IT NOW! My blog will be here when you get back, but taking care of you and your body is the most unshelfish thing you can do and here is why. When you go to the doctor and get your pap and it comes back normal, that is great news! But, that does not mean don't go the next year because things happen to our bodies that can be unpredictable and it is better for you to know what is happening sooner rather than later.

Who is the selfish individual here? I will give you two scenarios and you decide who is shelfish.

A woman who is a wife and mother gets her yearly exam and physical. The doctor comes back to her and tells her that she has nothing to worry about, everything is fine.

A woman who is a wife and mother neglects her yearly exam and physical. Several years after her last exam she becomes sick and can no longer take care of her family because she is dead.

These two scenarios are the best and worst, I agree. There can also be instances where a woman does not get her exam and think for years that she is fine until later in life when it comes back full circle.

Yes circumstances such as insurance and other factors can play a role, however do everything you possibly can to get your exam!

So as most of you know, I went for my exam and then a biopsy. The news for the biopsy came back yesterday and I was rushing out the door to get to physical therapy, but took time to speak with the nurse. The results for the biopsy came back as being positive for precancerous cells in my cervix. My husband and I will meet with the doctor next week to see what we can do and if there are any alternatives. From what I am aware of at the moment, the doctor wants to take out the top layer of tissue in my cervix to remove the cells. From here, I will have a few days off work to recover and then I should be back in tip-top shape!

Cancer and precancer are no joke and no laughing matter.  I will keep you posted.

As far as today goes, I had two cups of coffee (acidic) now I need to go alkaline and stop the coffee.
1 bottle of water
1 sm package of trail mix (raisins, nuts, yogurt chips)
1 garlic bread
6 grape leaves with rice
1 mozzarella stick
1 cube of chocolate
2 cups of popchips
and some mostacalli

I did more walking around today for work, than I have in a while and you know what? I really enjoyed the movement!

Overall, today has been a wonderful, yet busy day. 6am will be here soon enough and it is now 9:33pm, sweet dreams and take care of you, so you can be here with your family and friends and not taken too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment